Friday, August 12, 2011

Yankees Game

BEST DAY OF WORK EVER*



Like most little kids - I couldn't decide what I wanted to be when I grew up.** I vacillated between wanting to be a movie star, a professional ballerina, or the President. It was a tough decision.

Years later when I learned that I didn't quite have the skill sets for any of my kindergarten options, I started looking into what I thought were more realistic choices. For several years in high school/college I remember telling my parents that I didn't know exactly what I wanted to be when I grew up, but I knew that it would involve taking people to lunch. For what? - I didn't have the slightest idea. Nor did I care. I just wanted long leisurely lunches. Clearly that hasn't panned out any better than being a movie star. 0 for 2.

Anyway - regardless of my career path... today gave me a glimpse into how glorious it would have been if the amorphous taking-people-to-lunch job had come to fruition. Let's just say it was a delight. My big realization was that waitress service to your seats is the best thing ever. And my big questions the whole time were "who are these other 47k people who have nothing else they have to do all thursday afternoon?" and "how do I regularly become one of them?" Of course, I'm grateful for my one-day visit.

*For all of you who have ever heard me talk about my job - you know there have been quite a few days that would merit titles of the opposite nature.

**Ironically, my boss facetiously asked me just the other day what I want to be when I grow up. Hmmm - good question.

No comments:

Post a Comment